Saint Michael is an archangel in Jewish, Christian and Islamic tradition. He is viewed as the field commander of the Army of God. He is mentioned by name in the Book of Daniel, the Book of Jude and the Book of Revelation. In the book of Daniel, Michael appears as "one of the chief princes" who in Daniel's vision comes to the angel Gabriel's aid in his contest with the angel of Persia (Dobiel).
The Order is a non-religious and temporal Order of Chivalry and Knighthood. It is sovereign in the conduct of its affairs; subjected only to the Sovereign Imperial and Royal House of Ghassan. It isn't subjected to any religious affiliation, hierarchy or denomination, while maintaining its not-for-profit educational corporate status.
* Under the "Fons Honorum" of HIRH Prince Gharios El Chemor of Ghassan Al-Nu'Man VIII whose rights and titles were recognized by the by the International Arbitration Award number 0413/2011 that, according to the Brazilian Federal Law number 9307/96 has the very same legal force as a Federal Court Verdict and according to the the "1958 NY Convention on Arbitration" is a legal binding court decision in 148 nations in the world. Even being already "res judicata" (matter already judged not subject to appeal) by Brazilian Law, the International Award was recognized and enforced by the Los Angeles Superior Court in February 2012 and again in March 2016 by the very same court. In 2013, Brazilian jurists and judges signed affidavits recognizing the legality of the international arbitration award and Prince Gharios' rights and titles.Those rights and titles were also recognized by several governments and authorities secular and religious. In 2014, Prince Gharios was invested as a knight of the Equestrian Order of the Holy Sepulcher of Jerusalem (lat.: Ordo Equestris Sancti Sepulcri Hierosolymitani, OESSH). The Order is a Roman Catholic order of knighthood under the protection of the Pope. It traces its roots to Duke Godfrey of Bouillon, principal leader of the First Crusade (circa 1099 CE). The Pope is sovereign of the Order, and it enjoys the protection of the Holy See and has its legal seat at Vatican City. Is one of the oldest, most respected and recognized Orders of Chivalry in the whole world.
* The Order is recognized by the some of the main political and religious leaders in the Middle East like: His All Holiness Bartholomew I the Ecumenical Patriarch of Constantinople, His Holiness the Coptic Pope Tawadros II, His Eminence and Beatitude Cardinal Bechara Boutros Rai the Maronite Patriarch, His Excellency Monsignior Maroun Lahham the Archbishop of Jordan, His Excellency Moussa El-Hage the Maronite Archbishop of the Holy Land, etc
* In 2016, the Order was canonically erected in the Roman Catholic Church
by His Excellency Bishop Dom Roberto Francisco Ferreria Paz of the
Diocese of Campos, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil recognizing the Sacred Order of
Saint Michael Archangel - Grand Priory of Brazil as a valid Canonical
Organization according to the laws of the Holy See (Vatican)
* Chartered under The Sovereign Imperial and Royal House of Ghassan; registered in the United States of America (CA), Recognized in the United States as a tax deductible charity under the section 503 (c) 3 of the IRS - Internal Revenue Service.
* The Royal House of Ghassan is in Special Consultative Status with the United Nations Economic and Social Council since 2016.
* To perpetuate the legacy of the Royal Ghassanids, an Arab dynasty that ruled several realms from the third through the eighteenth centuries of the Common Era. Historically, the Ghassanids were the very first Christian knights and Defenders of the Holy Land, even several centuries before the First Crusade.
* Magister Consul (Knight Grand Collar - Kt.GCC.SMA)
* Praetorian Prefectus (Knight Grand Cross - kt.GC.SMA)
* Equitum (Grand Knight Commander - G.Kt.Cmd.SMA)
* Centurione (Knight Commander - Kt.Cmd.SMA)
* Evocati (Knight - Kt. SMA)
* Immunes (Esquire / Benemerit Member - B.Mem.SMA)
* Milites (Member -Mem.SMA)
* It has as its supreme goal the active compassion and altruism in its various forms. To cultivate the honor and the fraternity.
* The defense of the right of personal Religious choice. The absolute respect and coexistence.
* Through Chivalry, destroy the greatest enemies: the ignorance, the fear, the prejudice, the vanity and the suffering.
* Defend the oppressed and through philanthropic and charitable endeavors help the poor and the needy.
* To confer upon the worthy and eligible persons a tangible recognition for outstanding service, through direct effort, for the positive development of the human condition, and the ethical and moral growth of the individual and Society.
"This order will continue the tradition of chivalry in the modern world, with a paramount commitment to diminishing the suffering of all beings and to making the world a better place."
IMPORTANT NOTE: The titles of the El Chemor family (prince Gharios') were recognized by the Ottoman empire until its end (1924 CE) and also by the Lebanese republic until the present date. The family's history was kept and validated for centuries by the Maronite Church under the Holy See (Vatican) and the authority of the Pope. Please CLICK HERE for an official 2014's article (in Arabic) from the Lebanese Government New's Agency (Lebanese Republic - Ministry of Information) recognizing the titles and validating the book written in 1947 about the family's history. Please CLICK HERE for the partial English translation of the book about the family's history. Please, CLICK HERE for the original in Arabic
In Special Consultative Status with the United Nations Economic and Social Council since 2016