"This order will continue the tradition of chivalry in the modern world, with a paramount commitment to diminishing the suffering of all beings and to making the world a better place."
IMPORTANT NOTE: The titles of the El Chemor family (Prince Gharios') were recognized by the Ottoman empire until its end (1924 CE) and also by the Lebanese republic until the present date. The family's history was kept and validated for centuries by the Maronite Church under the Holy See (Vatican) and the authority of the Pope. Please CLICK HERE to access some of the Royal House historical documents.
VERY IMPORTANT!!! None is authorized neither by the Order nor by the Royal House of Ghassan, to receive and collect donations on our behalf. All donations shall be made through the PayPal link below or directly to our bank account. Any questions please, contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or HERE
Previously known as "Sacred Order of Saint Michael Archangel" until 2019, is a non-religious and temporal Order of Chivalry and Knighthood. It is sovereign in the conduct of its affairs; subjected only to the Sovereign Imperial and Royal House of Ghassan. It isn't subjected to any religious affiliation, hierarchy or denomination, while maintaining its not-for-profit educational corporate status. The Order doesn't claim a link with any historical Order of chivalry. However, claims to be the legitimate heir of one the oldest - if not "the oldest" - Christian knights in history. It's documented that the Ghassanids were the first knights protectors of the Holy Land under the Byzantine Empire around 500 years before the First Crusade and the creation of the first Orders of Chivalry. Although not organized in Orders "per se", the Ghassanids were the first defenders of Christianity in history to incorporate what's known today as a "code of chivalry" (originated from the Arab concept of "Muru’a") which means bravery in war, hospitality, respect for women and for honor, and protection of the weak and the orphans. (see the book "Faris", or “knight” in Arabic, from B. Lewis, C. Pellat and J. Schacht, also the book "Byzantium and the Arabs in the Sixth Century", pages 304-305 Dumbarton Oaks Research Library - Harvard University by Prof. Dr. Irfan Shahid, PhD (Princeton University) Professor Emeritus of Georgetown University)
* Under the "Fons Honorum" of HIRH Prince Gharios El Chemor of Ghassan Al-Nu'Man VIII whose rights and titles were internationally recognized. In 2014, Prince Gharios was invested as a knight of the Equestrian Order of the Holy Sepulcher of Jerusalem (lat.: Ordo Equestris Sancti Sepulcri Hierosolymitani, OESSH). The Order is a Roman Catholic order of knighthood under the protection of the Pope. It traces its roots to Duke Godfrey of Bouillon, principal leader of the First Crusade (circa 1099 CE). The Pope is sovereign of the Order, and it enjoys the protection of the Holy See and has its legal seat at Vatican City. Is one of the oldest, most respected and recognized Orders of Chivalry in the whole world.
* The Order is recognized by the some of the main political and religious leaders in the Middle East like: His All Holiness Bartholomew I the Ecumenical Patriarch of Constantinople, His Holiness the Coptic Pope Tawadros II, His Eminence and Beatitude Cardinal Bechara Boutros Rai the Maronite Patriarch, His Excellency Monsignior Maroun Lahham the Archbishop of Jordan, His Excellency Moussa El-Hage the Maronite Archbishop of the Holy Land, etc
* In 2016, the Order was canonically erected in the Roman Catholic Church
by His Excellency Bishop Dom Roberto Francisco Ferreria Paz of the
Diocese of Campos, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil recognizing the Sacred Order of
Saint Michael Archangel - Grand Priory of Brazil as a valid Canonical
Organization according to the laws of the Holy See (Vatican)
* Chartered under The Sovereign Imperial and Royal House of Ghassan; registered in the United States of America (CA), Recognized in the United States as a tax deductible charity under the section 503 (c) 3 of the IRS - Internal Revenue Service.
* The Royal House of Ghassan is accredited by the UN being in Special Consultative Status with the United Nations Economic and Social Council.
* It has as its supreme goal the active compassion and altruism in its various forms. To cultivate the honor and the fraternity.
* The defense of the right of personal Religious choice. The absolute respect and coexistence.
* Through Chivalry, destroy the greatest enemies: the ignorance, the fear, the prejudice, the vanity and the suffering.
* Defend the oppressed and through philanthropic and charitable endeavors help the poor and the needy.
* To confer upon the worthy and eligible persons a tangible recognition for outstanding service, through direct effort, for the positive development of the human condition, and the ethical and moral growth of the individual and Society.
In Special Consultative Status with the United Nations Economic and Social Council
* To perpetuate the legacy of the Royal Ghassanids, an Arab dynasty that ruled several realms from the third through the eighteenth centuries of the Common Era. Historically, the Ghassanids were the very first Christian knights and Defenders of the Holy Land, even several centuries before the First Crusade.
KNIGHT or DAME
* Grand Collar
* Grand Cross * Hospitaller Grand Cross
* Grand Commander * Grand Hospitaller Commander
* Commander * Hospitaller Commander
* Knight or Dame *Knight or Dame Hospitaller
The "Hospitaller" title is exclusive to professionals of the medical field like physicians, pharmacists, nurses, health technicians, etc. Also, to specific donors and sponsors to medical missions and projects.
Saint Michael is an archangel in Jewish, Christian and Islamic tradition. He is viewed as the field commander of the Army of God. He is mentioned by name in the Book of Daniel, the Book of Jude and the Book of Revelation. In the book of Daniel, Michael appears as "one of the chief princes" who in Daniel's vision comes to the angel Gabriel's aid in his contest with the angel of Persia (Dobiel).